The Independent Investigation Unit of Manitoba investigates serious incidents involving the police, with integrity, professionalism and efficiency to ensure the respect and trust of all Manitobans.
Building the confidence of all Manitobans with respectful, impartial and comprehensive investigations.
Civilian Director's Message
IIU investigates all serious incidents involving police officers in Manitoba, whether occurring on or off duty. The jurisdiction over police services in Manitoba includes the RCMP.
A list of frequently asked questions regarding the process, mandate and operations of the Independent Investigation Unit of Manitoba.
- May 24, 2016 - IIU investigating police pursuit and motor vehicle collision
- May 20, 2016 - UPDATE: IIU seeks witnesses to police pursuit and shooting
- May 20, 2016 - IIU Investigating motor vehicle pursuit and shooting near Portage la Prairie
- April 28, 2016 - IIU investigating following alleged assault by two officers
- April 22, 2016 - IIU investigating following injury at Main Street Project
- April 11, 2016 – IIU concludes investigation into child abuse allegations
- April 11, 2016 – IIU concludes investigation into in-custody death